A dedicated group of women who have the education and care of marginalized children in their hearts established the NGO Food 4 Thought to help them achieve this objective. They come from diverse backgrounds and all recognise the urgent need to prepare severely marginalised 3-6 year olds for primary school
Please enter the password: Africa2015
To prepare children for primary school, to create a safe haven and to feed, nourish and provide for disadvantaged kids
To develop and facilitate education in early childhood development in the Stanford area.
Enchanting, extrovert children who are assertive and creative.
Their curiosity know no bounds.
Their bright minds soaking up knowledge like sponges.
South Africa, in the village of Stanford (Overberg region of the Western Cape), 20km from Hermanus
- Revenue is generated by occasional flea markets
- Fund raising initiatives are activated to finance individual projects
- Foreign banking connections and donations
- Hands-on community involvement
- Stanford Village support and offerings
- Co-operation from the Overstrand Municipality
Note: Our books are totally transparent and all projects to date are fully paid for.
Food 4 Thought has a committee, with numerous members each controlling a specific function with additional co-opted helpers.
- All are volunteers. teamwork is a given!
- We are achievers with a positive attitude.
- We involve the community at all levels.
- We employ locals
- We promote environmentally friendly practices
- We teach our children to care for others and for animals
- We build with alien products when feasible
Food Four Thought Community projects NPC is a registered Section 21 company No. 2012/063692/08 a non-govermental organisation and an association not for gain.